I have uploaded/published my first course "Zen Cart Essential Training-Urdu" on Udemy. The Video tutorials are in Urdu Language. The contents of this course are
The version 1.6.0 will come up with a new updated template and will replace the old fashioned classic template.
1) The new template will have the following features.
- a new modern look and feel
- built specifically for HTML5, will be able to take advantage of CSS3 features where appropriate.
- responsive, and therefore works just as well on mobile/tablet displays as on desktops.
- easier to skin and adapt to custom requirements. There are even plans to prepare a style-guide to help designers put together their custom template updates more quickly and easily.
- lightbox for product images.
- jQuery support built-in.
- and much more.
2) HTML-formatted emails are getting a face-lift
3) Guest Checkout
Based on the current COWOA plugin, but rewritten to integrate more closely with core code, and provide a cleaner checkout experience.
4) Abbreviated Checkout.
Loading jquery from CDN and an infrastructure to access ajax code via a controller/dispatcher architecture
6) New Installer
7) Admin Dashboard widgets
A new infrastructure to create admin dashboard widgets that are easily customisable using plugins and also can be managed within the admin access/profiles system. The dashboard layout can be changed using ajax drag and drop, and are customisable per admin user.
Release Date is not available yet.
The latest version of WordPress 3.6 has been released. The following new exciting features has been added to this release.
- The new Twenty Thirteen theme inspired by modern art puts focus on your content with a colorful, single-column design made for media-rich blogging.
- Revamped Revisions save every change and the new interface allows you to scroll easily through changes to see line-by-line who changed what and when.
- Post Locking and Augmented Autosave will especially be a boon to sites where more than a single author is working on a post. Each author now has their own autosave stream, which stores things locally as well as on the server (so much harder to lose something) and there’s an interface for taking over editing of a post, as demonstrated beautifully by our bearded buddies in the video above.
- Built-in HTML5 media player for native audio and video embeds with no reliance on external services.
- The Menu Editor is now much easier to understand and use.
- A new audio/video API gives you access to metadata like ID3 tags.
- You can now choose HTML5 markup for things like comment and search forms, and comment lists.
- Better filters for how revisions work, so you can store a different amount of history for different post types.
I have already updated my blog to the latest version 3.6 and also am using Twenty Thirteen theme. What do you think of the new features and the new theme? Do leave your comments below
- Download XAMPP for Windows by clicking here.
- Install XAMPP and then make sure that you have both Apache and MySql modules running.
- Then go to http://zen-cart.com/ to download the latest version of Zen Cart.
- Extract the Zip file using Winrar or Winzip
- Rename the extracted folder zen-cart-v1.5.1-full-fileset-09182012 to shop/catalog and then copy the folder to C:/XAMPP/htdocs folder
- Then type http://localhost/phpmyadmin in your browser and click on Databases and then type the name of the database you want to create for your zen cart installation.
- By now you have created a database for your zen cart installation, username for this database in xampp by default is root and password is blank.
- Now navigate to http://localhost/shop in your browser and you will see the following page
- Simply click on "Click here" to begin installation and on the next page click Continue.
- Accept the license agreement by choosing the radio button " I have read and agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions as stated above."
- On the next page scroll down and at the bottom click Install.
- On the next page it will ask you to provide the database information. Database host will be localhost, database username will be root, password will be blank and for the database name, enter the name of the database that you created and then click Save Database Settings.
- On the next page click Save System settings at the bottom.
- Now you will come to the Store Setup page, here enter the name of the store, store owner, store owner email, country, zone, address and click Yes if you want to install the demo categories/products and then click Save Store Settings
- Finally the admin setup, enter administrator username, password, confirm password and email and then click Save Admin Settings
- You have now installed Zen Cart on your local server. Delete the zc_install folder inside the shop folder and also rename your admin folder to a secret admin folder name.
Today I have upgraded my blog to wordpress version 3.5. This version includes a new default theme twenty twelve. Below is the video of all the new changes made to wordpress 3.5