Zen Cart is a free open source shopping cart software which helps you create your online store. If you want to setup your zen cart store but you are not familiar with how to setup zencart, ftp, uploading website etc. I can help you install your zencart website along with 6-7 modules. I will do the free installation of the latest version of Zen cart. This installation will include the following extra modules.
- Image Handler 4
- Zen Lightbox
- CEON URI Mapping (SEO)
- CKEditor for Zen Cart
- Easy Populate 4
- Backup Mysql Plugin
Now what I want in return is that you buy a domain/web hosting from hostgator. Use the link below to sign up for web hosting at hostgator and by referring you as a client to hostgator, I will get the commission and thats what I’d be getting out of this service. I have personally used hostgator and I really like their support. The hatchling plan from hostgator will provide
- Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth
- 99.9% uptime gurantee
- Unlimited FTP Accounts
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- Unlimited Sub Domains
- 100$ Google Adwords Credit
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- 45 Day Money Back Guarantee
- 1 Domain Allowed
- Price 5.56$ per month if you choose 1 year pricing plan.
Click Here to buy Web Hosting from Hostgator or use the banner at the bottom and then send me your hosting username/password on my email address usman (at) usmanshahzada.com and you will get your zen cart installation within 24 hours.
I have also created a coupon ushahzada2012 and using this coupon you will get 25% off your order.
Joomla 3.0 is to be released on or about September 24, 2012. This version of Joomla will be a standard-term-support (STS) release. Websites running Joomla 2.5 will not probably need to update to version 3.o but instead wait for the version 3.5 which will be the next long term support release. But if you want to update to version 3.o, it will depend on the extensions that you have installed and wont be possible until those extensions have version 3.0 compatible updates available.
3.0 update will not show auto-updates in the Joomla! Update of Joomla 2.5 and only version 2.5.x updates will show. Joomla 2.5 was a long-term-support (LTS) release and will be supported at least until September 2013. If you are using Joomla 1.5, you will have to migrate to version 2.5 and then update to version 3.0
Whats new in Joomla 3.0
- Incorporation of Twitter Bootstrap into a jui media package.
- A new responsive administrator template–Isis– and interface.
- A new front end template–Protostar– built using Twitter Bootstrap Updated accessible template called Beez3
- PostgreSQL Driver. You will be able to run Joomla 3.0 sites using the PostgreSQL database.
- PHP Memcached Driver
- Use of JFeed for feed management rather than SimplePie
- Installation of language packages directly from the extension manager
- Guest user group present by default
- Saving blank articles allowed
- New administrator statistics module
- Update TinyMCE to version 3.5.6
- Continued clean up of older unused code, files and database fields and tables and improved standardization of tables.
- Improvements to Smart Search
- Extensive work on code style standardisation and consistency
- Unit testing in the CMS
- Updated system tests in the CMS
Frontend (protostar template)
The following steps will help you to migrate your Joomla 1.5 website to Joomla 2.5
- Make sure that your Joomla 1.5 is upgraded to the latest stable version of Joomla (1.5.26)
- Backup your Joomla 1.5 website using a free component Akeeba Backup from https://www.akeebabackup.com/ or you may also manually backup your Joomla website by going to phpmyadmin and export the dump of your mysql database and then create a backup of Joomla files by going to Cpanel > File Manager, select all files/folders and click compress to create a zip file.
- Download JUpgrade Component by going to Joomla Extensions Directory or by following this direct link here. This component requires registration to download. (Latest Version Available is 2.5.2).
- Go to your Joomla 1.5 Administrator and go to Extension >Install/Uninstall and then install JUpgrade component.
- Go to Components > JUpgrade and click Start Upgrade Button.
- jUpgrade component will download the latest version of Joomla 2.5, decompress it and install it. After that, it will migrate all of your data from old Joomla 1.5 to the new Joomla 2.5 installation.
- jUpgrade will install the new website in a sub folder jupgrade e.g yourdomain.com/jupgrade
- The new site should have all the content, users and other core components data.
- Move the existing Joomla 1.5 website from root to another subfolder(e.g /oldsite).
- Finally move your Joomla 2.5 website from jUpgrade folder to root to make it live.
If you want to import products in bulk into Zen cart then follow the steps below
- Download EasyPopulate 4.0 (EP4) module for Zencart by going to https://github.com/chaddro/EasyPopulate-4.0
- Change the name of the admin directory to match your Zen Cart Installation.
- Using Filezilla (ftp), upload all the files in admin directory to your site maintaining the directory structure.
- Upload the additional file in zencart 1.5 extra files folder.
- Create a folder ‘temp’ in the root of your zencart store. You may edit the uploads folder by going to Configuration -> Easy Populate 4
- Add 2-3 categories and products manually.
- Then go to Tools >Easy Populate 4
- Click on Complete Products (with Metatags) to export the csv. This will save the csv to the uploads directory (temp folder)
- Download this csv file and open it with Open Office Calc or Microsoft Excel.
- Populate this csv file with your products data.
- v_products_model has to be unique, any record with blank v_products_model will be skipped
- Upload all your images in your zencart images folder and add the name of the image with extension to v_products_image column in the csv.
- When your csv is ready, go to Tools > Easy Populate 4 and Upload EP File (Choose File and then click Import File)
- When the file is imported, click “Import” against that file and your products will be imported into your zencart store.
- After the import is complete, you can have a look at Import Results for the no of records inserted and updated
- For more details visit Easy Populate 4 Support Thread.
If you need help in importing products with images in bulk to your zen cart site, hire me on odesk